Tuesday, July 5, 2011

24 Things Before 24 Years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Joy the Baker. Her recipes look delicious but honestly... most of the time she's a little too... fancy (for lack of a better word) for me. She makes things like this and this and this, and yeah, they look great, but are a bit fancy for my tastes. What I do love about Joy the Baker is just her: the things that she says, what she appears to live for, etc. She made this list of 30 things she wanted to do before turning 30 and I grinned all the way through it because I was so inspired. So basically... I'm going to be a copy cat. Today is July 5, my birthday is on August 15, so I have a little over a month to complete the list. I don't have a lot of time on my hands, so it's a simplified version of Joy's list (apparently I just decided she and I are on a first name basis) But anyway... here's my list.

24 Things Before 24 Years:

1. Mail 5 people hand-written letters.*
2. Surprise someone with a batch of fresh cupcakes.
3. Spend at least 10 minutes a day for a whole week trying to learn how to play the guitar.
4. Make a pretty cake like this one or this one.
5. Send someone flowers.*
6. Spend an evening in a coffee shop doing nothing but self-reflection/spending time with that one pretty special guy that I pray to (Jesus).
7. Compliment 2 strangers.*
8. Enjoy 3 beach sunsets.* (Stolen from Joy and I can actually do it because I'm headed to Florida on Saturday! Yeehaw!)
9. Learn how to use my gosh darn camera.
10. Take someone out to lunch.*
11. Write a song.
12. Play marco polo and sharks and minnows in a pool.
13. Clean out my closet.*
14. Lose 5 pounds. (That's going to be rough considering I'll be on vacation and will gain probably 7 while I'm away...)
15. Give someone in need $20.
16. Read 4 books.
17. Ride a bike at least 5 miles.* (Let's be honest, it probably won't be all at once.)
18. Blog at least 10 times. (Today counts. So what if I'm a cheater...)
19. Finally make some sugar cookies with royal icing.
20. Introduce myself to 5 people I don't already know at work.
21. Tell 15 people why I'm grateful that they are in my life.*
22. Make 3 funny/encouraging/ridiculous videos for people's Facebook walls.
23. Paint something for a friend.
24. Write down the beauty of the day every day until my birthday.*

Wish me luck! I'll try to keep you posted as I go...

(*Items with asterisks are the ideas that I stole from Joy.)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Great list!! Maybe I should make a list like that...hmmm I'll think about it. I love your heart!

Joythebaker said...

We're totes on a first name basis! What would you call me? Ms The Baker? Is that cause I'm old!? Not fair. Call me Joy. Cool. Thanks!

I'm totally digging your list! I love that you're putting yourself out there and living right! Happy birthday to you!

You inspire me right back! Trust this!

Love and candy bars,
Joy (the baker)

Jessie said...

Just a reminder, I never got my fancy birthday cake. I'd be happy to help you check #4 off your list. :)