Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacationing.

The above photo is a pretty good depiction of what my life has consisted of the last week. I've been on vacation with my family since Saturday and it's been pretty glorious. Some friends of the family let us stay at their vacation home in Watercolor, Florida for free and man, we are soaking it up.

Five Things I'm Loving About This Vacation:

1. Beach time. The beach has actually been covered in seaweed, which is kind of a bummer, but there was one glorious morning that the seaweed randomly disappeared, and it was wonderful.
2. Reading on the beach. There is nothing like reading on the beach with the sound of the waves surrounding you, the feeling of water and sand beneath your toes, and the cool breeze keeping you perfectly comfortable.
3. Eating out. I like cooking and I love my mom's cooking, but it's fun to go out and try different places. My favorite so far: this place called Bud and Alley's that was overlooking the beach and had some delicious chicken scallopini.
4. Playing games. My family, if we are on vacation or not, is a game playing family. But we've played TONS of games this week so far, including: Hand and Foot, Five Crowns, Nertz, and Hearts.
5. Escaping life. I think I will be ready to return to the routine of line, but it sure has been nice to escape for a few days.

I'll for sure continue enjoying this life style for the next couple days. But I'll also be eager to return to my beloved Kansas City on Saturday.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Love the picture...miss having you in KC. Glad you had fun with family.