Saturday, July 9, 2011

Growing less picky each day.

Some would call me a picky eater. I know people who are pickier than myself, but I suppose there is quite a long list of foods that I'd prefer to do without. (Seafood, pickles, mushrooms, tomatoes, sour kraut, mustard, most red meat, coconut, most nuts, ...) Clearly I'm not so picky because I still find plenty to eat and could afford to go down quite a few notches in my belt (if you know what I mean...) Though, I must say I don't enjoy being picky. I'd prefer to be able to order anything off of a menu than being limited to the items that avoid the list above. So, I get excited when I get up the nerve to try something new and I actually like it!

The main reason I'm telling you all of this is because I was encouraged to try something new a couple of month ago by my dear friend Mary and I was sure I wasn't going to like it, because I'd tried it before and wasn't a fan. But. I tried it. And I loved it. And now... I can't get enough. What is that, you ask? Chai! I love chai things now! I'm sitting at the airport waiting to fly to Florida and enjoying a wonderful iced non-fat chai tea latte from Starbucks and I'm just about as happy as can be.

Anyway, cheers to chai tea lattes and the growing list of things that used to be "no ways" but now are "heck yeahs!" (Onions, peppers, asparagus, Chinese food in general, cooked fruit, pineapple, ...)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Don't forget, you are eating the occasional cooked fruit dessert.