Monday, July 18, 2011

Home(ing).

(The view of home when I pulled in from work tonight)

Last week I posted about how great it was to get away and spend some time on vacation. Vaction was glorious. Flat out wonderful. But I also love being home. So, since I made a list of Five Things I Love About Vacation, I thought I'd also make a list of Five Things I Love About Home. Here goes...

Five Things I Love About Home:

1. Our couch. We (and when I say we, I mean my parents, because yes, I am one of those 23-year-olds who moved back home after college and is still there) have this big, comfy, suede-like couch and it's wonderful. The first thing I did when walking in my house after vacation was plop down and relax.
2. The smell of home. Everyone knows what home smells like to them even though it's an indescribable scent. I love the smell of home, although I don't know what it is exactly.
3. My bed. I slept in a bunk bed on vacation. The place where we stayed was wonderful, but I'm not going to lie and say that I slept well, because I didn't. Last night I slipped into my egyptian cotton sheets and slept like a baby. I love my bed.
4. The solitude of my own room. I'm a people person, but it sure is nice to be able to say, "Goodnight!" and head up to my room for some good ol' fashion "me time." I haven't had that in a while; last night I listened to some good music and painted my toe nails and it was fantastic.
5. DVR. I watched a solid 2 hours of So You Think You Can Dance last night, and have episodes of Friday Night Lights and Food Network Star waiting for me. I love DVR.

Man, it's good to be home...

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm glad you're home too!