Thursday, May 16, 2013

Try-It Thursday: Black Bean Burgers (Take Two)

(Dinner on my porch tonight.)

Life has actually been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. I don't really know where all of the time went, but it went somewhere, because there hasn't been much of it for blogging. I did try a new recipe tonight though, so I thought I'd share it with you.

I was craving a black bean burger, I'm not really sure why. I've made black bean burgers before (in fact it was a Try-It Tuesday way back when) but I didn't remember loving that recipe so I thought I'd try a new one. Whenever I am looking for a recipe I normally find it in one of two places: 1. Pinterest, or 2. Google - I search "best *insert food here*" and am rarely disappointed. Google provided my recipe tonight. It was actually from the cheesy lady on the Food Network, Sandra Lee. Not her biggest fan but this recipe was actually pretty good! I've got to say... homemade black bean burgers may be one of the least appetizing-looking things I've ever made, but I sure do like the way they taste.

This recipe was all of the things that I look for in a recipe: 1. Easy. 2. Healthy. 3. Tasty. I'd recommend it if you're a black bean burger kind of person like myself. If not, stick to your beef. Leave the black beans to me.

Sandra Lee's Black Bean Burgers.

No comments: