Monday, May 27, 2013

The Best Guacamole Ever.

Sometimes when I want to find a new recipe, and Pinterest doesn't provide me anything that piques my interest, I go to Google. I search "best *insert food here* ever" and see what comes up. 9 times out of 10 I have been very pleased with the results. Yesterday I was looking for a solid guacamole recipe so I did the ol' Google search. The first recipe that came up was Alton Brown's guacamole recipe. It intrigued me and didn't have anything too crazy in the ingredient list so I decided to try it out.

Y'all. This really was the best guacamole I've ever had. It had a little bit of a kick to it, which I loved, and was full of flavor in general. I really don't know how to describe it other than dang good. I brought some over to my friends house last night and my friend made some comment like, "Bring enough guacamole?" because it was a lot. The three of us had downed the whole batch in about 20 minutes.


Long story short, this recipe is too good not to share with the world (or the 7 people who read this blog.) So here it is. I'll even type it out for you.

Alton Brown's Guacamole (aka The Best Guacamole Ever)

3 avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I just realized we used a whole instead of a half which could have added a bit of the spiciness, but it was so good I would do it again)
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (we didn't seed ours and it turned out just fine, if you're in the mood to be lazy)
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced

In a large bowl, place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Using a potato masher, add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Let sit at room temperature for an hour then serve (and eat the whole batch in less than 20 minutes.)

Just make this already...

No comments: