Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 365.


A little over a year ago I started a project. I saw the idea on a blog to take a picture every day for a year with each month focusing on a different color. I like taking pictures and I like intentionally being around of my surroundings... so I decided to go for it. I started on June 1st of last year and Friday was day 365. I did it! I've got to admit... there were a few days that I was a little late. And some months were struggles (ahem, purple... pink... sapphire...) But I really enjoyed it and am a bit (only a bit) bummed that it's over...


I just looked back over the pictures so I could pick my favorite from each month and wow... a lot has happened in the last 365 days. I moved out of my parents house. I started living on my own with two lovely roommates. I traveled... Colorado, the Lake of the Ozarks, Oklahoma City, Austin, St. Louis, to name a few... I dated a boy for the first time. I broke up with a boy for the first time. I spent precious holidays, gatherings, meals, etc. with my family. I gave a lot of my time to some awesome high schoolers. I learned a lot. It's been quite the year...

Here's a quick tour of my 365 Days of Color. I created a Flickr page for all of the pictures as well. If you are interested in taking a quick look... you can go here.

June: Gray. 
(Putters while mini-golfing in Estes Park, CO.)

July: Navy. 
(My Bible... at a coffee shop)

August: Teal. 
(The screened-in porch at my new (at the time) house.)

September: Mustard. 
(One of my favorite purchases ever from Etsy.)

October: Orange. 
(My co-worker, truly a good sport for letting me take a picture of his outfit.)

November: Brown. 
(Chocolate cupcakes... how I love to bake.)

December: Red. 
(Momma and I's pretty Christmas tree.)

January: Sapphire. 
(A sunrise on the way to work one morning.)

February: Pink. 
(My cousin Hallie playing with my cousin Elsy.)

March: Green. 
(Pistachio macarons at a lovely place in Austin.)

April: Purple. 
(Grapes. Enough said.)

May: Yellow. 
(A Royals game tradition. The hotdog race. Mustard won.)

Now what's next... 

2 comments:

Momma said...

Great pictures and a creative mind! I love your creativity which you definitely didn't get from me!

Aunt Georgie said...

That project definitely made you aware of your surroundings - seeing the world one color at a time for 365 days. Just like Brad hears components in music that I don't hear, you zoned in on color that I missed. Well done. Way to see it through to the end.