Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fruity Desserts.

I'm loving fruity dessert!

Yes... I know that is not unique or special to me and that the whole world is enjoying them right now because it's summer. But really... I'm loving them. Let me show you three fruity desserts of varying degrees of healthiness.

Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Fat Free Cool Whip. This is crazy easy and pretty healthy. I have been a slacker and haven't made my own angel food cake which made it even easier. (I think it requires its own special pan, and who wants to invest in that? I'm all out of money... I just bought some Ray Bans, remember?) Just cut up some cake, cut up some strawberries, dish out some Cool Whip, and you're good to go! The cake is your only major calories and as far as cake goes, angel food cake is actually on the lighter side of life.

Fruit Pizza. I love fruit pizza. I could eat fruit pizza for every meal. It, again, is really easy. I cheat and buy store bought sugar cookie dough. I just spread it out in a cookie sheet and bake it. For the filling I just mix together a softened, 8 ounce package of cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla (and maybe a little bit of almond extract if I'm feeling crazy.) I spread that on the cooled sugar cookie,  top it with my favorite fruit and ta-da! A beautiful, easy, and semi (only semi) healthy dessert.

Lemon Poppyseed Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This cake... not healthy. I've been dreaming about making this cake for literally over a year now. I always throw it out as a suggestion of something to bring for a gathering but some lemon-hating nay sayer always ends up shooting it down and I never make it. Well, I've waited long enough. I'm going to make this. You can say nay all you want, lemon-haters. It's happening. Stat.

Happy summer!

2 comments:

Laura Jane said...

Um. I'm a lemondessert hater, but I'd totally eat that cake. No problem.

Aunt Georgie said...

I'm a lemondessert LOVER. Did you go for it?