Friday, June 6, 2014

A beacon.


I started reading the devotional book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young a few months ago. I was a skeptic because I used to think devotional books were kind of lame. But my friend Jessie kept on telling me how great it was, my mom got my brother's girlfriend (and my friend) Erica one for a gift, and I'd heard other people talk about how great it is, so I decided to give it a shot. I needed a little kick start to my quiet times and... I'm a fan. It's a quick read, which even though we don't want to admit it, is helpful because we don't always make a lot of time for time with the Lord. It gives perspective to what God's doing, viewing life with a Kingdom perspective, and just being aware of His presence in your daily life.

Today I was reading about being aware of God's presence. Here's what it said:
My world is filled with beautiful things; they are meant to be pointers to Me, reminders of My abiding Presence. The earth still declares My Glory to those who have eyes that see and ears that hear. You had a darkened mind before you sought Me wholeheartedly. I chose to pour My Light into you so that you can be a beacon to others. There is no room for pride in this position. Your part is to reflect My Glory. 
I love this. Sometimes I worry that this blog could be viewed as rejoicing worldly things too much, and not what God is doing/the Kingdom. But I think (I hope), that a lot of what I find to be beautiful and blogworthy, is actual God doing His thing. He chose to pour His Light into me so that I can be a beacon for others! That's a pretty cool thing... So I want to continue. I want to keep "noticing" and blogging about it. So I can reflect His Glory! 

1 comment:

Momma said...

No greater joy than to see your children walking in the truth! You are a blessing to me and to others! I love you, Ab!