Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Try-It Tuesday (or Wednesday): PB2 Frozen PB Cups


I'm a bit of a baker. This can cause problems as most baked goods are not healthy and I am back trying to eat healthy again. If you've been around me for long you've probably heard my rant that sounds a little like this: "Desserts aren't meant to be healthy. The second you try to make them healthy they won't taste very good and they still won't be as healthy as something that is truly healthy so there is no point in trying to make them healthy. You might as well eat the real thing... just in moderation."

This is all well in good until you struggle with the "moderation" thing. I'm not so good at it - which is what put me in this overweight predicament in the first place. So I'm on the lookout for desserty foods that are on the healthier side that don't completely compromise their desserty name. And tonight... tonight I found one...

Have you heard of PB2? It's this powdered peanut butter (you can add a little bit of water to it to give it the PB consistency) that has way fewer calories than the normal stuff. I love peanut butter. It's something I really miss when I am on a diet - I just don't eat it because it is so fatty. So I decided to try out PB2 to see if this healthier alternative would satisfy my cravings - and it did! It is not as good as normal peanut butter - I'm not going to even pretend that it is. But it was still really good, especially when combined with other things. Which brings me back to this healthy dessert I was telling you about...

PB2 Frozen PB Cups

8 ounces Cool Whip Fat Free
7 tablespoons PB2
4 tablespoons water
Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup

Thaw the Cool Whip. In a bowl, add the water to the PB2 and stir to combine. Add the PB mixture to the thawed Cool Whip and stir to combine. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and divvy up the Cool Whip mixture into the 12 cups. Drizzle the Hershey's syrup on top. Freeze for about an hour then enjoy!

(The key players.) 

(As you can see, the simple drizzle was ugly so I started taking a knife through it to give it the marbly look.)

I really liked this dessert. I whipped it up (ha, whipped it up... get it?) in about 5 minutes. And it is especially refreshing being a chilled dessert in these hot summer months. And if you're a Weight Watchers girl like myself, it's only 1 point. Ridiculous, right? (If you're interested in trying out PB2 it's a bit difficult to find in store and is a bit more expensive than regular peanut butter. But I bought a big jar on Amazon and it wasn't too bad.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was one of my favorites when I was on Weight Watchers? But I actually made mine with just regular peanut butter. So it was 1 tablespoon of peanut butter in one tub of fat free cool whip. So good!