Sunday, June 1, 2014

Loving in May.

(Fresh flowers. I used to think you had to have a guy buy you these... That's just dumb.) 

I have been a little inconsistent with blogging lately. As always, I have good intentions, but they don't always work out. I have my brother Cory working on a new design for the blog - hopefully that'll give me a renewed inspiration.

Here are some things that I've been loving over the last month.

San Antonio. I went to Austin to see my brother Joel graduate from law school. We spent a few days there then made our way over to San Antonio. I'm a fan. City and water combined is one of the best things, in my opinion, so the River Walk is pretty great.

Crustless Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche. I made this recipe the other night for some friends and it was pretty tasty. If you are looking for a healthier (there is still a ton of cream and whole milk - but at least there isn't a crust) take on a quiche, this is a pretty good one.

Belize Outdoor Furniture Set from World Market. I've been searching for the last month or so for a decent deal for outdoor furniture and this was the best deal I've seen so far so I went for it. (And you should too, if you're looking for something like this - I've been pleased.) My deck is coming along, my friends. An update with pictures is coming soon.

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. This pie is one of the easiest things you can make (especially if you cheat and buy a pre-made Oreo crust like I did this time) and it is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. I made it for some friends the other night and it was a hit. I like to freeze mine so it's a nice, refreshing summer dessert.

Arrow. Now before you judgingly say, "Is that the comic book show on the CW?" I'd encourage you to stop. This show is great. And the first season is on Netflix. I'd suggest you start watching now so you can get caught up on it (and hopefully the second season when they post it) in time for its return in the fall. You'll thank me, I promise. (Actually you should thank Cory, who was the one who told me about it.)

Walks. So I'm just going to be real with you - I'm not a runner. Even when I was in shape in high school, I hated running. (Suicides at the end of basketball practice was one of my least favorite things in the world.) But just because I don't like running doesn't mean I can't be active. And I do like myself a nice walk. So I've been trying to be intentional to do that lately.

Alright, there was a quick recap of some great things that I appreciated last month. Now hooray for June, right?

No comments: