Monday, May 9, 2011

Joy the Baker.

I love Joy the Baker. She makes me smile. Who is this baker named Joy, you ask? Well, she has a baking blog that I read, and I kind of love it. Very few baking blogs do I take the time to read what they blogger has to say. I peruse the play-by-play pictures and skip straight to the recipe so I can see what kind of ingredients it uses and how involved it is. But not with Joy's blog... she's great. I'd like to think we'd be friends if we met in real life. Maybe in another life. ("See you in another life, brotha." Name that show.)

She's funny. She's creative. She's a little different. And I think she may love Jesus. Don't you think we could be friends? I do. Most importantly (at least in the realm of baking blogs), she's a great baker. Here are some of her recipes that I have tried out and give two thumbs up to (I'd give more if I had more than two...)

Strawberry Pineapple Crumble (I mentioned this recipe a few days ago, but if you weren't convinced before, I thought I'd show you a picture to get you extra convinced that you should bake it.)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. You know how I feel about chocolate and peanut butter...

Avocado Pound Cake. Jessie and I made this last year... It turned out a bit... interesting, but I think I'd like to try it again.

Ok, so, after looking through her recipes to highlight some here, I realized I haven't baked and loved as much as I thought I had because she's a bit of an eclectic baker/cook. BUT, I still think she's great. And mainly because of this recent post she wrote about Turning 21. It was great. You should check it out. And if you're an eclectic baker, you should check her out.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lost! Do I win?