Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pie.

I don't really love pie. I think it is because generally pies are filled with two things I really don't care for: 1. mushy fruit (which I'm actually slowly warming up to, because recently I baked this Strawberry Pineapple Crumble and I loved it), 2. mushy, pudding-y textured nastiness (french silk, lemon merengue, you get the picture...) (And yes, I know, I'm really mature.) There are a few pies that I do like: Toll House Pie (which is basically a chocolate chip cookie inside a pie...), Strawberry Pie (no cooked fruit! the strawberries are fresh...), and the following...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie! aka One of the Easiest and Best Pies You'll Ever Eat. It's a recipe from The Pioneer Woman and it just makes my heart sing. Why? Because:

1. It's easy. (There are 6 ingredients in it. And the only part you actually need an oven for is the crust.)
2. It's delicious.
3. It's relatively cheap to make.
4. It combines chocolate and peanut butter. (I think if chocolate and peanut butter got together and had a baby they would name it Heaven. That's how strongly I feel about their union.)
5. Like I said, it's a recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I just love her.

Get the picture? You should make it. Now. Also... the reason why I made this perfect pie was in honor of the coolest lady you'll ever meet: my mom. Happy Mother's Day, Momma! I love you so much!

1 comment:

sarah said...

i would be perfectly content eating nothing but chocolate + pb the rest of my life. there are no words to express my deepest love for them. separately + together. it's a problem, really. i honestly cannot understand people who dislike either.