Saturday, May 7, 2011

Music Suggestions.

Fact: I love it when people suggest a song or an album or an artist to me because they know I'll like it. Part of me thinks, "Man, Abby, your taste is way too predictable," but the other part of me is like, "Man, Abby, you have a clear picture of what you like and the people around you know it, too." Ok, yeah, the second statement is just a nice way of rewording the first, but who cares? Anyway, lately I have been introduced to some great new music by some great people and it's been wonderful. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and if you have more... send 'em my way!

Dustin O'Halloran was introduced to me by none other than my stud brother Joel. (Who introduces me to all things cool on a regular basis.) Here is his song "We Move Lightly."

"Comes and Goes" by Greg Laswell was introduced to me by my friend Katie. Good, good stuff. I can't get enough of that guitar and low key vocals.

"Breathe Me" by Sia was introduced to me by my friend Alan. My love for solid piano is no secret and the piano in this song just makes my heart happy. The vocals are a little... raw, but it's an interesting combination, if you ask me.

Great stuff... Thanks again to everyone for thinking of me when you hear music and passing it my way. I really do love it.

No comments: