Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sick Day.

Tuesday afternoon was when I found out the news about my boss. It was all I could do to not cry the rest of the afternoon. (Yep, I'm a crier, that's what I do when I feel any sort of intense emotion, good or bad...) I cried on the way home though and decided that it was time to call in sick for the first time in my life. So Wednesday, I had a sick day... and it was glorious. It truly was a mental health day. And it did it's job. (Well, for the most part, but I did kind of pout all day Thursday and Friday until my boss came up to me and asked, "Are you mad at me?" "No, I'm not mad, I'm just sad, you're leaving me." One of the many things I love about my boss: how in tune to my emotions he is. But let's be honest, I don't cover them up as well as I think I do...)

Now yes, I know, I probably shouldn't admit to calling in sick when I wasn't really sick on such a public forum, but who cares? Everyone does it. Why are we so secretive about it? I called in sick and my body felt fine. My heart was hurting though, so I needed it. My sick day consisted of:

1. Sleeping in.
2. Drinking coffee, listening to a solid message, and chatting with Jessie.
3. Getting a pedicure with Jessie.
4. Eating a yummy lunch at home. (I'm on a veggie burger kick lately...)
5. Seeing a movie, Water for Elephants, all by myself. (Yes, that is the first movie I've ever seen all by my lonesome, and it was much more enjoyable than an extrovert like me would expect.)
6. Baking cookies.
7. Seeing my brother Cory perform in this really funny male beauty pageant thing to raise money for Special Olympics.
8. Watching American Idol. (Word is my favorite Casey got voted off, sad day...)

Anyway, it was a great day... consisting of all sorts of wonderful things, that got my heart and brain back where they need to be. Yay for sick days!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

everyone deserves a sick day. I love going to the movies by myself. Your brother thinks its weird.

Jessie said...

I'm glad I got to be a part of your day!

sarah said...

i've been chowing down on bean burgers too! morningstar's spicy black bean burgers, to be exact. oh man, the weird twin vibe is still going strong!