Saturday, April 20, 2013

Autocorrect, Bowties, Candles, and More...


Confession: I've been kind of grumpy this week... hence the lack of blogging. It's been cold and rainy. There's a lot going on at work. And today is my ex-boyfriend's birthday which strangely and unfortunately put me in a funk. Those are all lame excuses though. Life is good. I have a wonderful family. I have a good job. I have a great house with great roommates. I go to an awesome church that provides awesome community. And Jesus loves me. I really can't complain. For the sake of staying positive and focusing on the good, rather than wallowing in my situation (which isn't even that bad), I've decided to blog about some things that have made me smile lately.

I did a pretty hefty cleaning of my room, bathroom, and closet today. Man, does it feel good when it is finished... I walked in to my clean room this afternoon to find our cat Bigsby enjoying it as well. Basking in the sun (which has finally decided to show its face after days of hiding) next to my lovely floral chair and lovely mustard blanket. What a life... (above)

My dad and I met up earlier this week to exchange cars because he is the best dad in the world and volunteered (yes, volunteered, he really is the greatest) to take my car to the shop for me. After we met up this exchange went down. Gotta love autocorrect...

My friend Jessie sent me this picture of her son Eli a few weeks ago. They were trying to decide what he was going to wear for Easter. His face is classic and I love the little guy so he is now the first thing I see when turning on my phone. It makes me smile just about every time.

Even though the weather has been gross all week, I decided to not let it hinder my desire to welcome Spring with open arms. So I wore these cute coral flats one day. It was too cold for them... but I didn't care.

I happened upon this blog Gimme Some Oven and I love it. I was reading it and then realized that the bloggers are from Kansas City! I'M from Kansas City! One of the many many reasons I love this blog. (I'm also 99% convinced that the main blogger should marry my brother. I'll keep you posted on any updates.)

I made some pretty cupcakes the other day. Pretty cupcakes make me happy. Chocolate cupcakes, peanut butter filling, chocolate frosting, and a Reese's on top. My co-worker paid me $30 bucks for a dozen of them... fingers crossed that they didn't disappoint.

I mentioned that I went to World Market the other day to pick up some garam masala. It's a miracle that I came out with only one unnecessary purchase... this candle. The scent? "Sandalwood." (Whatever that is...) But I love it.

That's it for now. Keep smiling...

1 comment:

Norma said...

Great to see you blogging about happy stuff. But about the hard stuff...pour out your heart to God because he can handle it and it's not a surprise to Him.