Monday, April 15, 2013

Try-It Tuesday: Chicken Tikka Masala.

(Yes, I do realize all of my meals have been chicken and rice lately. I make the rules, folks.)

Confession: I made this recipe on Monday... not Tuesday. I had every intention of making it on Tuesday, but I bought the ingredients on Monday and got so excited that I couldn't wait until the following day so I made it a day early. I'm glad I didn't wait. I'm glad that I can have one extra day of knowing this recipe is out there in the world. I'm glad I'm going to bed with Chicken Tikka Masala in my tummy. I'm glad you read this blog even when I'm ridiculous. I'm just glad.

Chicken Tikka Masala. What in the world is that? Well, it's an Indian dish. It's basically chicken in a creamy tomato sauce. And guess what... I found it on Skinnytaste which means it's healthy! I seriously found myself smiling while making this recipe. Everything came together just how I wanted it to and it made me happy. I thought to myself, "If someone comes in the kitchen and finds you smiling at your pan what are you going to tell them? ... 'I just really like the way this sauce.' ... 'Ok, Abby... you and your sauce have a good time.'" Anyway... there are a couple of weird ingredients in this one: garam masala and turmeric. I had to go to World Market to find them. But if you have an excuse you have to go to World Market, I say take it. I love that place. It's worth the trip. And the ingredients are worth the purchase. This stuff is good.

I'm wordy tonight. Let me sum it up for you... This meal contains 5 things that I love: 1. Chicken. 2. Rice. 3. Spunk - it's Indian (kind of, apparently it's actually British but it's one of the most popular dishes served in Indian restaurants in the States.) 4. Healthiness. 5. Smiles (Ok, maybe the last one's just me.) Check out Skinnytaste. Check out this recipe.

Skinny Chicken Tikka Masala

(Her beautiful picture... Someday, maybe someday, I will learn how to take pretty pictures, too.)

It'll make you smile. I guarantee it. (Said like the man in the Men's Warehouse commercials.)

(Shout out to my friend Jessie. You told me about this recipe. This posted wouldn't have been possible without you, my friend.)

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

I love your blog, you make me smile!

Aunt Georgie said...

You make me want to try this. I've printed the recipe and I'm gonna do it! I'll let you know if it makes me smile, and Unca Dave!