Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Secret Garden.

(An appropriate quote that I saw yesterday on none other than... Pinterest.)

No... this post is not going to be about that sort of creepy garden movie that came out with I was 6. Sorry to get your hopes up. I was just looking for a catchy title.

I'm actually talking about my garden! I moved in to my house in August - so that's right in the middle of the midwest heatwave where basically everything that is normally green is extremely thirsty and dying. I remember when we moved in my aunt Charlotte saying, "It looks like someone put a lot of work into this yard at one point." It looked pretty rough at that point in time so I didn't think much of it.

Until a few weeks ago... the garden started to sprout! I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't think about the fact that a lot of flowers come back year after year. So we're going to have flowers! Hooray! The exciting part is that I have no idea what these are going to look like. What color they'll be. What kind they are. If they'll last a long time or just a little while. I don't know. It's pretty exciting... I can't wait to see what they are.

Oh don't you worry... I'll keep you posted.
(Yes... the garden still needs a lot a work but a little 
green in some dirt is better than just dirt. Right? Right!)

No comments: