Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Try-It Tuesday: Caramelized Onion, Red Pepper, and Zucchini Frittata.


Confession: I like to eat. I like to eat a lot. That has gotten me into some trouble over the years... (Hence the diet...) The good thing about tonight's Try-It Tuesday recipe? You can eat a lot of it and it's ok! Let me tell you about it...

I came home from work today and for some reason I was craving eggs. A quiche or something of the sort. I headed over to one of my favorite healthy food blogs Skinnytaste and came about this recipe for a Caramelized Onion, Rep Pepper, and Zucchini Frittata and was instantly intrigued. Here is what attracted me to it:

1. It used a lot of eggs and egg whites. (It's weird how much I wanted eggs tonight.)
2. It called for a cast iron skillet. (I bought one of those last year and have used it once... It was time to put it to use.)
3. It didn't have a ton of ingredients. (Keep it simple, am I right?)
4. It looked easy. (I went to the grocery store and made it, all under an hour.)
5. It was only 4 points! (In Weight Watchers world, that's goooood news. About 150 calories a serving.)

It was almost too good to be true... so I went for it. And it didn't disappoint! The flavors were actually pretty complex despite the short list of ingredients. It was filling even though it didn't have any meat in it. (This girl... the girl who likes to eat... is full - but not too full - and that's good news.) And it could be made for breakfast, brunch, or dinner! (I suppose you could make it for lunch, too, but for some reason that seems weird to me.) I was a fan... and I bet you would be, too. Do it!

Caramelized Onion, Rep Pepper, and Zucchini Frittata

(The pictures I took on my phone aren't nearly as appetizing as her pictures...)

(The peaches that accompanied my frittata were people beautiful though!)

No comments: