Friday, August 16, 2013

Everybody deserves a birthday...

Ok, so everybody actually has a birthday. Every year, in fact. But I've decided everyone deserves a birthday. A day to be showered with love and attention - it's one of the greatest things ever. Yesterday was my birthday... and it was quite the special day.

I woke up to a video from two of my wonder friends. They wanted to be the first to wish me happy birthday and they were.

I got to work to find my desk decorated. One of my co-workers brought me a donut. Another one gave me a card that had a $20 bill in it and it said, "I appreciate you. Lunch is on me." Another co-worker brought in two of my favorite snacks: homemade Chex Mix and peanut butter cookies. Another co-worker brought me some vegan chocolate chip cookies (and they were actually good!) And of course I received lots of happy birthdays and well wishes.

61 people wrote on my Facebook wall. 2 people tweeted at me. 18 people texted. 3 people sent me videos. And 1 person actually called me. (Clearly we are shifting to a different age where texting and social media are the thing.)

I went to dinner with my family at my favorite place - Oklahoma Joe's. We went to a nearby park and opened presents. It was pretty special...

Then I headed to a softball game with some of my friends. And afterward they took me out to ice cream. This is Bailey - she is great.

As if that wasn't enough tonight a 20 of my friends gathered just for me to do one of my favorite things - play sand volleyball. We ended the evening eating pizza - they tried to get the restaurant to sing me happy birthday, but they wouldn't, so they did it instead. Pretty great...

I'm not saying all of this to say, "Hey, check me out! I have friends!" I'm saying all of this to say - I am overwhelmed with how loved on I've felt over the last couple of days. Everyone deserves to feel this way... What a birthday.

No comments: