Thursday, August 1, 2013

Food Trends I Wish Would Die.


I try to keep things pretty positive on this blog. But I need to take a moment and vent about a few trends in the food blog world right now that I wish would die...

1. Quinoa. Let's be real folks - you don't actually like this stuff. Someone told you it was healthy and cool so you've convinced yourself you like it. But you don't. It's ok. (While trying to find an anti-quinoa picture I came across this blog... apparently I'm not the only one.)

2. Kale. See above thoughts on quinoa.

3. Anything paleo diet. I'm not a big fan of any diet that's not sustainable. I'd be pretty impressed with anyone who could live on that diet for more than a couple of weeks.

4. Pretty much anything gluten free. I get it, some people have gluten allergies and I love that there are recipes out there for them. The rest of the world that is tricking themselves into thinking gluten is the devil... just relax.

5. Anything homemade that you could get cheaper (and similar tasting) premade. Oreos, marshmallows, graham crackers, those circular shortbread cookies with the chocolate stripes on them (you know, the ones you always got in Sunday school because they were cheap?) Why...?

Now I know... if you don't read food blogs, you could care less about this. Even if you do... you probably still could care less. But I feel like now that I've put my feelings out there, I can move on with my life. Thank you for that. (And thanks to my friend Kruse who helped contribute to this list.)

2 comments:

Valeria said...

This is hilarious, I love this list. I haven't gotten into quinoa or kale either; there's other grains and greens I love much more!

Jessie said...

I do love quinoa and I'm not just fooling myself. :) This makes me laugh.