Monday, August 1, 2011

Painting.


One of the things on my list, and I'm not even sure why, because I don't really even do this, was to paint something for someone. I originally decided that I wanted to paint something for my dear friend Valeria, because of all of my friends, I thought she, being the artsy one, would appreciate it the most. (AKA she's the one that's least likely to say, "Abby, that looks ridiculous!")

After painting her the above picture, I also came across this picture on Etsy and decided to take my crack at recreating one for Jessie's kitchen. The below painting is just a draft... We'll see if it ever turns into something that's acceptable for her wall. (Hehe, just joking, Jessie... kind of.) Also, my wonderfully nerdy friend Alan (previously known as Help Desk Guy, for those of you who go back that far) commissioned me (and when I say commissioned, I mean asked, because there was no money involved, and asking is all it takes) to recreate this for him. I thought it needed a little bit of color.

So, painting something for someone... or three people... check it off a list! That was a fun one!

3 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

Your completed projects are wonderful, fun and HANGABLE!!

Jessie said...

Thanks for not including the part about when I asked you to repaint it...twice. :)

Valeria said...

my leaves are such a great addition to my bookshelf:) love them and their artist!