Friday, August 12, 2011

Photography... kind of.

Time is running out... I have 3 days until my birthday and a few more things to cross of my list. On Sunday night, I was assessing my list and noticed that I'd completed pretty much everything except for the things that I know I'm not good at: learning to use my camera and practicing the guitar. I was forced to practice guitar starting Sunday because I had told myself I had to do it every day for a week, and Sunday was the one week mark so I pretty much couldn't procrastinate any more.

Thursday I went to my favorite park in Kansas City, Loose Park, with my friends Becca and Nathan. The goal behind the night was for me to learn a little bit more about my camera. I didn't learn a lot... I gave up rather quickly actually. Partly because I would rather spend my time catching up with my friends, but the other part is that I have a hard time doing things I suck at. I did indeed learn a few things though. I learned how to make the above picture be not so ugly and turn into the below picture. I also learned, or was reminded rather, that my friends are beautiful and I'd prefer taking pictures of them. The bad news: I didn't really take the time over the last month and a half to learn as much as I'd like about my camera. The good news: I've got my life ahead of me and I asked for two photography books for me birthday. :)
(The pretty picture...)
(Nathan and Becca. I love them. A lot.)
(When I'm at Loose Park I feel like I'm in a different city, the buildings make me feel like I'm in a smaller scaled, ok, much smaller scaled, New York City.)
(Doesn't every park need a cannon in it?)

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Well, well, well, my dear Miss Abby! I like your photographs. I love the people in the pictures, too! Another thing I like is that you want to learn more... about so many things. The difference from the first fountain picture and the second is amazing. Good job! (see, I used two of your favorite things -- ... and ! )