Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pretty cake... kind of.

So on my list was to bake a pretty cake. I've been waiting all this time for an occasion to bake a cake and have been researching cake designs that I could possibly pull off in the meantime. One website that I've spent a lot of time on is I Am Baker. Her blog is a little jumbled, but she's got a lot of great tutorials. I decided that I would try out this design in celebration of my lovely momma's birthday. It's a simple yet fun design, just how I like it. I didn't have the right piping tip to mimic it exactly, and I still have a long way to go with my decorating skills, but it was close enough...

Tomorrow is the day! I have tonight and tonight only to finish up a few things...

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Looks great! I hope someone makes you a special cake, since you are so special.

Momma said...

I loved the cake. It was absolutely beautiful!