Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Try-It Tuesdays/What's New Wednesdays

(Photo courtest of Rachael Ray's website.)
So, now that my little brother Cory is out of the house: it's just me, my mom, and my dad. (Wait... She's still living at home? Hasn't she been employed for almost a year now? Her parents haven't kicked her out yet? Didn't she just turn 24?...) I love Cory. I miss Cory. I could write at least 78 blog posts about how great he is. But that boy is picky. Sure, not as picky as some people, but he's picky. So anything with vegetables, or cheese, or interesting sauces, wasn't for him. (Ok, he is starting to eat cheese on things now...) I'm not missing his picky-ness. Because you know what that means? I get to try new, crazy recipes out on my parents... and I'm thrilled about it. Baking is normally my thing... but I'm excited to try out this whole cooking thing, too!

My mom gets Everyday with Rachael Ray and Real Simple magazine and I dug into those last week and marked all of the recipes I wanted to try out. Tonight I made Rachael Ray's (or someone who works for her magazine, because there is NO way one woman could come up with that many recipes...) Spicy Chicken with Spinach Orzo. It was delicious! Her picture is above... My lame iPod picture is below... But you can't judge a meal by the picture. (Except for I totally do on baking blogs all the time.)

Anyway, just thought I'd make a list on here (have I mentioned I love lists?) of recipes that I've seen on some blogs that I'd like to try out. You can check them out. But if nothing else, I figure here is a good place to compile everything for myself. (Some people use Pinterest for that, but I have yet to figure that site out...)

By the Pioneer Woman
-Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork
-Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika (not sure this is so Momma-friendly, or healthy... but maybe.)
-Chicken Tortilla Soup
-Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
-Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple
-Carrot and Squash Curry Soup (this one could either be really good... or really bad.)

By Annie's Eats
- Black Bean Burgers (I have a feeling my dad won't like these. "Where's the meat?")
-Burrito Bowls (aka homemade Chipotle!)
-Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
-Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
-Chicken Lo Mein (can you tell I like chicken?)
-Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken (ok, so, I really like chicken.)

By Brown Eyed Baker

By Two Peas and Their Pod

Ok, I think that's plenty for now. That should feed us through Christmas... I think we'll call it Try-It Tuesdays or What's New Wednesdays, depending on the day that I cook!

2 comments:

Valeria said...

I loved so many things about this post!
1) love trying new recipes. yay for cooking.
2) your comment about one woman not being able to come up with all those recipes made me laugh:)
3)as did your comment about judging/not judging food by it's photo.
3) next time I want to try something new, this is a great list to come back to - thanks dear!

Jessie said...

I've tried the first two PW recipes, they are yummy. You should invite my family over for the veggie burger b/c I wanted to try that same recipe. I say Yum!!