Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Flowers... check!

Send some flowers. Number 3 on my list is officially complete! I've never sent anyone flowers before... That's not something we women do often. But after doing it today, I think it's something that I would like to make a habit of!

I had wanted to send my mom flowers all along. But she had surgery a couple of weeks ago so everyone has been sending her flowers, so it kind of took all the excitement away... Last night we were talking about my list and how I still have a lot left to do and not much time and she mentioned the flowers. I said, "Well, I was originally going to send them to you, but you already have some, so that's no fun." Of course she said she would still enjoy them, as all moms would say. But I saw her throw out the last dying bouquet last night so... I did it! I called the florist today, told them I wanted something simple with sunflowers and two hours later I have a text from my mom saying that she got the flowers and she was "smiling from ear to ear." I had her send me a picture of the flowers on her phone (above) because I was curious what they came up with... and I approve. Love you, Momma!

P.S. Some of you have commented on how much you like my new blog design. Props, as they always do, go to my brother Cory, the stud graphic designer who designed it for me. Love you, Corky!

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Your mom is a lucky, lucky woman!