Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beauty of the day.

So, one of my goals was to write down the beauty of the day every day until my birthday. Well, I've got to be honest... I slacked. It's not that I didn't notice something beautiful every day. I did. But I slacked at writing it down. So instead I decided to write down 40 things in general that I found were beautiful... Some of them I actually did write down the day of. Some of them I just know that I've likely thought they were beautiful over the last month. So here's the list:

July...
5th: A nice, cool breeze.
6th: Videos that document the Earth's splendor like this one.


7th: More figurative than literal: When it seems like life is rough, and right when you accept how things are God is like "hey, I'm going to work everything out for you." That, my friends, is a beautiful moment.

8th: Having a night to yourself with nothing but take out and DVR to do.
9th: Walking through your front door after returning home from a long road trip.
10th: Those waffle makers at continental breakfasts (I had a chocolate waffle for the first time in my life and it was pretty tasty. Well done, Comfort Suites.)
11th: The sound of laughter.
12th: Sunrises. (I've seen some pretty ones on my way to work lately, so I added some pictures that I took on my iPod while driving. Really safe. I know.)
13th: Sunsets.
14th: 70 degree days after being scorched with 100 degree weather for weeks in a row.
15th: The beach.
16th: Acoustic guitar.
17th: Encouragement and how a little bit of it can completely turn a day around.
18th: A full tank of gas.
19th: A good book.
20th: Movie theater popcorn.
21st: Dallas Green, aka City And Colour's, voice. Need proof? Go here.
22nd: Ryan Gosling's face. Need proof? Go here. Just kidding. You don't need proof.
23rd: Cake batter. I know a lot of people think I'm crazy when I say that, but I believe it's true.
24th: Getting a magazine in the smack dab middle of summer when you sweat just thinking about going outside and then you open up said magazine and it has fall fashion in it and you remember that soon, very soon, you will be wearing scarves and cardigans again. Ahhh...
25th: My mom.
26th: Getting a Netflix movie in the mail and being perfectly in the mood to watch the movie that arrived.
27th: A homemade meal.
28th: When you decorate a cake and it turns out the way you want it to.
29th: Birthdays.
30th: Getting to know someone a little bit better than you knew them before.
31st: Clouds.

August...
1st: Seeing a friend after you haven't seen them in a long time and things feeling like you just saw them yesterday.
2nd: The birth of a baby.
3rd: Listening to a song for the first time and absolutely loving everything about it.
4th: Wearing flip flops to work and getting away with it.
5th: Learning someone's name.
6th: Playing cards at a coffee shop with a good friend.
7th: Sunrises. I know I already said this, but I have experienced some AMAZING sunrises lately, so it deserves a repeat.
8th: Persevering and learning something new that you thought you could never accomplish.
9th: Having friends that are so close that they feel like family.
10th: 30% off at Gap coupons.
11th: Chinese food.
12th: Getting a text from someone just because they were thinking about you and wanted to let you know.
13th: Moving outside of your comfort zone and experiencing something new that is so refreshing and what you've needed all along.
14th: Seeing someone after you haven't seen them in years and having the expectation that it'll be awkward or that they won't even remember you at all but them greeting you warmly with a hug instead.
15th: Getting a birthday present you weren't expecting and didn't ask for but totally loving it. (I got a Keurig for my birthday! You jealous?)