Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So... what now?

So... now that my list is finished, I'm missing it... My list kept me striving, learning, pursuing... and now it's done. A lot of the things on my list I'm trying to continue even though the list is over with, but things are different. I'm craving goals in my life. Things to work for. It's too easy to go to work, work, come home from work, eat dinner, hop on the computer or watch TV, maybe hang out with someone, go to bed, and then start the process all over again. I need something to strive for. So I've decided to try to learn and master three things in the next year. Well, to say "master" implies something a little grander than I anticipate. If I come back next year and say "well, I've mastered them, what now?" someone please slap me in the face because my humility has gone missing and I'll need to find it. Anyway, not that these are really shockers, because I talk about them all the time, but here are three things I will be working on in my free time over the next year.



1. Learning how to play the guitar. I've actually continued practicing even though my list is done. I'm not great, but I can say that I have learned enough to sound somewhat melodic and can kind of play some songs and it's only been a couple of weeks! I hope to continue working on it and getting better and better. We'll see...




2. Learning how to use my camera. Have you heard this before? Yes, like thirty thousand times, I know... But I got two photography books for my birthday: Plate to Pixel by Helene Dujardin and some random old photography book that my aunt stole from the library that she worked at. (She says she "withdrew" it, but I'm pretty sure that's a nice way of putting "sticking it in your big purse without anyone knowing it.") I'm hoping these books will help me finally learn what I've been hoping to learn for the last couple of years.






3. Learning how to bake more difficult things. There are some things that I haven't really attempted to bake yet. Tough things like: a wedding cake (which I may bake one in October...), a lemon meringue pie, various tarts, etc. I want to bake things that are out of my comfort zone. And I want to not be afraid of failing or them tasting bad.



So anyway, I just hadn't blogged in a while and thought I'd put these goals in writing. It makes things a bit more official for some reason... Hope you're having a great end to your August! Fall is getting closer and closer...!

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Seriously....I did "withdraw" it the legal way. No one ever checked it out. Hope it has lots of info for you. Well at least it had some $$$ in it.
Love you