Thursday, September 1, 2011

So. good.

I saw my favorite instrumental band Balmorhea in concert on Monday with my friend Alan. This was their first time coming to Kansas City and I wasn't going to miss this concert! They were only the opener for The Low Anthem, and the place was this small (kind 0f gross) bar filled with hipsters... but the concert was amazing!


I guess I don't have a whole lot else to say besides that. It was a great, great show and if you haven't taken the chance to listen to Balmorhea the first 7 times that I've blogged about them. I encourage you to check them out now.


Above is a picture of the show. This kind of strange lady asked to share a booth with us, and she went up and took pictures of the band then offered to send them to me on my phone or become Facebook friends. It was really nice, but I was kind of caught off guard and said, "Ahh thanks, but I'm ok..." I probably should have taken her up on it. It's probably better than the picture above I got from The Pitch. Anyway, below is a live performance of one of my favorites: Baleen Morning. The band is made up of completely different people than when we saw them (besides these two guys that seem to be the loyal ones who are always there...) but it's amazing. They're just amazing.




No comments: