Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day!


So... a three day weekend is among us! Are you as excited as I am? Probably not... I'm sitting here, in my cubicle world, dreaming of my three day weekend and how I'm going to take advantage of it. So I decided to make a list of the things that I will fill my three day weekend with. Why? 1. Because I'm recently obsessed with lists. 2. Because I'd rather be thinking about my weekend than Roth 401ks and temporary passwords and federal tax withholding right now. 3. Intentionality. I'm not a big fan of the word, but I am a big fan of the concept. I like being intentional with my life, and making lists helps that. (Truthfully, for some reason, I hate the word "intentionality." So no one is allowed to use it. Except for me. And only because I can't think of a better word to describe the same meaning.) Anyway, want to see me list? Want to take part in my list? Some of these things allow, even require participation. I'm always up for a companion.

(So, I actually wrote this a couple of days ago. But now it's Friday, and I'm crazy tired and all I really want to do is sleep. But I'm still going to come up with a list. It may just be a little more tame than I anticipated.)

Friday Night:
-I plan on doing nothing tonight. Absolutely nothing. Maybe watch some Drop Dead Diva because my aunt keeps on telling me how great it is and I have been wanting to get into a new TV show now that some of my beloved shows are no longer... (Lost, Friday Night Lights, ...)

Saturday:
-I plan to sleep in. My family got an invite to go over to Jessie's for cinnamon roll pancakes at 8:00. Who plans breakfast for 8:00 am on a Saturday morning? That'd be my good friend Jessie. And that'd be a "no" as my response to her invitation. Thanks anyway, Jess. :)
-I plan to do something crafty. I saw this wreath on a blog that I frequent (Homemade Ginger, it's so great, check it out) and now I really want to make a fall wreath for our door. Remember when I made this wreath for Christmas? That was such a great time! I want to make another...
-I plan to maybe, just maybe, go boot shopping. I've been checking out some fashion blogs lately, and it's really put me in the mood to fall-ify my warddrobe. Buying another pair of boots would help that. (Plus Gap is having a 40% off sale for all card-members on Saturday. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted...)
-I plan to maybe, just maybe, bake something. The maybe depends on if I can find someone to give it to or not. I won't be baking if not. Remember that 5+ pound weight loss goal I set? Still working on it. Almost there.
-I plan to hang out with Jessie on Saturday night. I won't give her my Saturday morning. But I will gladly hand over my Saturday night to her. It'll be grand!

Sunday:
-I plan to go to church. I've been "church shopping" and am excited to go back to one of the churches I enjoyed the first time I visited!
-I plan to take a Sunday afternoon nap. They are the BEST.
-I plan to play a game, or two, or three with my family. Maybe some Ticket to Ride, maybe some SkipBo, maybe some Settlers of Catan, maybe some Hand and Foot Canasta. Oh! the possibilities are endless...
-I plan to have a great evening with my family, including my aunt and uncle. Word is they are coming over for dinner and I'm pumped. I happen to like them a lot.

Monday:
-I plan to sleep in... again.
-I plan to do something outside. Maybe go take some pictures. Maybe go for a walk. Maybe find someone to go play frisbee with or something. But word is the weather is supposed to be beautiful so I plan to take advantage of it.
-This day is pretty wide open actually, so I'm up for suggestions.

Only 24 minutes until the big weekend begins. I'm pumped.

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

I will participate! We'll be there for GAME TIME - and I'm not talking football!! Did you get to see any Drop Dead Diva? I'm curious what your reaction would be. Sometimes when a show is hyped up too much, it doesn't meet your expectations. I love you. Enjoy your weekend.

Jessie said...

Uh..Jon planned for 8am breakfast. I usually try to shoot for 9 to be courteous to guests that don't have to get up as early as my boys do...and so I can sleep in a bit!