Monday, September 26, 2011

Try-It (Day Before) Tuesday: Sweet Potato Chili

So, my parents are out of town, I've got the house to myself, and until tonight I'd managed to not make myself any meals since they left. Chipotle for lunch on Saturday, party food Saturday night, McDonald's salad on Sunday, dinner at Jessie's on Sunday night... So tonight I decided that I should stop being lazy and that it was time to make myself a meal!

I went with this Sweet Potato Chili recipe that I saw on Pinterest. I thought, "Hm, Dad will probably think this is weird, and especially be down on it since it doesn't have any meat... I better try it out while he's gone." So that's exactly what I did tonight. It was a pretty easy recipe with pretty standard ingredients... and it was delicious! For a vegetarian soup I found it incredibly hearty and filling. You better believe I will be having the leftovers for lunch every day this week. Clearly, I'd recommend the recipe. (P.S. I went ahead and stole their picture because mine was just not that great, AND more importantly, I'm just too lazy to walk downstairs to get my camera...)

Some of you who knew my parents were going out of town were a bit concerned about what was going to happen to Try-It Tuesday this week. No worries, folks... I've given you Try-It (Day Before) Tuesday tonight, and Try-It Tuesday will be back yet again tomorrow. And since the rents are out of town, I've invited over some special guests... Get excited!

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Wish I could be one of those special guests! That chili looks delicious. And it's such a great fall recipe.

Jessie said...

I'm excited for my leftovers! Woot!