Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cake... and a party!

It's been a while since I've blogged about any of my cake creations... probably because it's been a while since I've actually created any. This weekend I had the task of baking cake for 100 people! I baked two cakes: one chocolate and one white. And the party had a 70s and 80s theme, so... I decorated a cake for each decade. It worked out quite lovely actually. Below are the cakes...
Not only did I bake the cakes for the party, I also attended the party! It was the 40th birthday of my good friend Shannon and I couldn't miss it. As I said before it was a theme party... and she expected us to dress up. I wasn't too excited about it. I like to have a good time... but dressing up isn't really my thing. Jessie convinced me though. She was dressing up and encouraged me to do it, too. We went thrift store shopping and found some pretty ridiculous stuff... She even came over to my house and we did hair and make up last weekend. We're pretty cool for a 24- and 34-year-old.

Anyway, enough with the words. I feel like the pictures will speak louder.

The before...
(Cardigan, solid colored t-shirt, skinny jeans, Chacos...)
(Oh, and 2011 Abby got bangs recently...)
The after...
(Yikes...)
(Of course, Jessie got to be a pretty 70s girl, and I was... not.)

It was a good time. That's all I can say...

3 comments:

sarah said...

LOVE your darker hair color!!!

Jessie said...

Man, I need to do big hair and boots more often. I'm taller than you!

Valeria said...

This is AH-mazing! As weird as this sounds: seeing cardigan/skinny jeans Abby makes me miss you so much! It makes me miss falls in Columbia with you!! Love the bangs too.