Friday, September 9, 2011

It's coming!

Every year around this time (and when I say every year, I mean the last two, because I haven't been blogging for long...) I get the "fall bug" and blog about how excited I am that fall is near. (Here's my post from 2009 and here's one from 2010...) Let's be honest, pretty much everything I blog from September 1st to about November 30th is about how much I love fall. I'm sorry if I blog about the same things every year, I just can't help it. I love fall. And the world needs to know. (Like these pictures, they're repeats from last year but these leaves are too beautiful to not be highlighted again...)





This week has felt like fall to me! The weather has been unexpectedly (as most Midwest weather is unexpected) beautiful! Sunny and 70s the whole week! Starbucks started serving their Pumpkin Spice Lattes again. I had a pumpkin muffin at Panera the other day (WARNING! Panera's baked goods are ridiculously unhealthy. The calories in that one muffin took up half of what I'm supposed to eat in an entire day.) I wore a scarf on Wednesday! I've been sleeping with the windows open and have been waking up to that amazing chilly feeling where you just want to stay under your blankets for 5 more minutes, make that 10... It feels like fall and it's just been glorious!


I feel like I've been a selfish blogger lately. Blogging about the silly things I do, that maybe people don't really care to hear about. The ultimate goal of this blog is to shed light on the glorious things of life. To pay attention to the little things that make my heart happy (and hopefully after pointing them out to you, they'll make your heart happy, too!) So, instead of focusing on the lame naps I've been taking or the projects I've been working on, I thought I'd point out how great this week has been. I know it's a bit early to be saying this... but happy fall!



P.S. Sorry for the wonky formatting. For some reason when I blog at work my computer messes with things. Maybe it's because I shouldn't be blogging at work. But that's beside the point.

No comments: