Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Creativity.

So, the end of my three day weekend is approaching and it's been pretty great. I did pretty much everything I had planned to do except for take a nap yesterday afternoon... I'm pretty ok with that though. (PS After the fact I thought to myself, "I can't believe you just blogged about what you want to do with your weekend, AND you included naps in the line up. People don't care." Sorry about that, ya'll...)

As I had hoped, I got to be creative and it was totally rejuvenating. I ended up baking TWO pies (I've only baked like two pies in my entire life let alone two in the same day). I baked an apple pie (this dulce de leche apple pie) and a variation of my favorite Tollhouse Pie, this chocolate chip cookie pie. I said that I would only bake if I had people to give it to. Well, turns out we had a family get-together last night and so I decided it'd be ok to bake. The chocolate chip pie was gone by the end of the night, with half of the apple left. I intend to bring the leftovers to a party I'm going to tonight so I can get that stuff out of my house!

I also made a wreath! I feel like I had to drive all over the city to find felt in appealing colors, but I finally found some! Saturday night I went over to Jessie's and spent the evening trying to teach myself how to make flowers like these, because all of the tutorials out there show you how to make flowers like these. I didn't figure out exactly how to do it, but I got close enough. So today I finished up my wreath and I'm pretty excited about it. I love how it looks against our white door. It just shouts "fall!" to me for some reason, I don't know why.
Speaking of fall! I was just outside blogging and was trying to keep warm with a blanket and had to actually come inside because it was too cool. Can you believe that? Fall is near, people! Get excited!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! And I haven't said this lately, but thanks for reading... :)

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Nice photos of the pie and the wreath.