Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Burrito Bowls

So, last week was a busy week in the Thomason house, so I didn't have a chance to make a meal. But, this week: Try-It Tuesday is back! What's on the menu? Chipotle-like Burrito Bowls and I was pretty stinking excited about it!

I stole the idea from Annie's Eats but only ended up using her rice recipe. The verdict: it was good! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... And, thankfully, it was Mom and Dad approved. (Although they think everything I do is great, whether it truly is or not.) Plus it was reasonably healthy, included some pretty common ingredients, and it was pretty easy to make. I'd say over all... it was a do over!

Here are the recipes that I used:
-Chicken: I just used some chicken breasts and found this Mexican Chicken Rub recipe.
-Rice: I stole Annie's recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice.
-Salsa/Beans: I cheated and combined two in one with this Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
-Sauteed peppers and onions: Thanks to the encouragement of a friend this was a last minute addition.
(I skipped out on the sour cream and cheese to keep it healthy, and honestly, it didn't need it!)

Well, it wasn't Chipotle... but it was good enough for me. So I'm happy!

1 comment:

Momma said...

It was so so tasty! I loved every bite! You are an excellent cook Abby! Thanks for giving me the pleasure of a wonderful meal after a long day at work!