Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pinterest: my escape.

I like my job. I really do. I like that I get to talk to people. I like that I'm challenged on a daily basis because I'm still trying to figure this "finance" stuff out. I like that it involves a lot of problem solving. I like the people that I work with. I like going to work in an office and wearing business casual clothes. And I like that I have benefits and a steady paycheck. I'm pretty blessed.

Sometimes though... sometimes I get a glimpse of a beautiful, creative, outside world, and I kind of crave to get out. Examples of these glimpses: music. When I listen to music while I'm at work, I am reminded of the glorious outside world where you get to crank the music up. Today I was listening to the new Ben Rector album during my break, and it took a lot of effort to take those headphones out of my ears and get back to work. I did it though. No worries.

Another glimpse of the outside world: Pinterest. Have you been on Pinterest? It took me a while to warm up to the idea of a new website that I wanted to devote time to. And it took me a while to figure out how to use the site (I don't know why, it's like I'm an old lady or something...) But once I did... I never looked back. Pinterest: it's this website that basically helps you bookmark sites you've visited, and check out the bookmarks of others. It's beautiful. Plus the sites and things I've been exposed to while I'm on there are so inspiring. The other day I was looking at decorated baked goods and I almost threw off my headset and walked out the door to go home and bake. I didn't do it though. No worries.

Anyway, here are some beautiful things I've seen on Pinterest. If you haven't already, you should check it out. Now. It may just help you survive your cubicle-y day.

A beautiful cake design.

A tutorial for a cute scarf.

An inspiring look for fall... Maybe I'll get the courage to try this out.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Squares (I just can't help myself...)

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Abby! Do it! Do it all! You are so interesting and fun. I wish we could spend more time together so more of you could rub off on me. That'd be awesome.