Friday, September 24, 2010

You say autumn, I say fall...

I'm two days late on this but oh well... Happy Fall! Hurray for the arrival of my very favorite season. I've written posts the last couple of years about all the different things that I love about fall. I hate to be redundant, but it's been a whole year... so you won't mind if I talk about a few fall things that I'm really excited about, right?

1. Pumpkin flavored things... My favorite food blog, Annie's Eats, just posted about how she is excited about fall, too. I could have copy and pasted the intro to her post because I feel the exact same way. Anyway, I'm pumped for fall food. I can't wait to try to bake this cake pictured below:
2. Fall scents... Last year when I was living with the Haslags, Sara had seasonal scented Wallflowers in every room. This fall just wouldn't feel right if I wasn't similarly greeted with the lovely aroma of pumpkin, or apple, or leaves, or something autumn-like so I went to Bath & Body Works yesterday and bought some falls scents. I'm currently breathing in "Autumn" and it's lovely.
3. Hat and scarf weather... I love when things start to cool down and it becomes normal to layer and accessorize with warm things again. Here is a hat I knitted a few years ago. I think I've worn it like twice... What's my deal?
4. Tree photography... I love taking pictures of the changing leaves. Maybe I'll take some better pictures this year with my nice Canon that I have yet to take the time to truly figure out how it works. Someday... My little Canon Powershot took this one and did quite well... so if I can't figure out the fancy Canon, maybe I'll revert to this one.
5. Drinking hot coffee... I love me some iced coffee, but I welcome the chance to actually drink coffee hot and have it feel right. I'm especially excited this year because a friend of mine started working at my favorite coffee shop in Kansas City. I will be visiting her frequently, I feel.
That's all for now. You better believe I will be posting the autumn-ish things that I notice over the next couple of months. Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

you say fall, i say autumn.

ok. i say autumn. why? because we can use the word "fall" in every other season. but you can't use the word autumn in every season unless you're referencing how much you wish it were autumn/fall. :)

Aunt Cindy said...

I love the tree leaf picture...you took that too? I need to go through all your pictures for my new gallery.