Saturday, July 10, 2010

Iced Coffee.

I feel like a copycat because a couple of months ago, Joel's friend, and my friend by association and through the blog world, Cassie, blogged about her love for iced coffee. Well... I love it too, so I thought I'd give it some time in the spotlight as well.

I'm sitting here in the Las Vegas airport, waiting for my flight to Portland. When I got off my flight I didn't see a Starbucks. I saw something called "The Coffee Bean," but what is that? We don't have that in the midwest. Normally I'm not a Starbucks snob... but for some reason, in airports, I am. So I saw lots of slot machines, "The Coffee Bean," and no Starbucks. I thought, "Surely they have a Starbucks, isn't every airport required to have like 11 of them or something?" I turned the corner, walked a ways, and there it was!

So, I got my iced coffee... and it's splendid. I love it. I love that I can have coffee yet still be refreshed in the summer heat. I love that when I go to Starbucks I say, "Venti iced coffee with some room" and I feel like a pro. I love that I can get a venti and it's cheaper and less calories than a latte or a frappaccino or something. I love it.

So, here's to you: Starbucks iced coffee with skim milk and three (yes, three) packets of Sweet n' Low. You made my experience at the Las Vegas airport complete!

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

I love the simple things you do...