Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Instrumental Music


© Joel Thomason
I just wrote a long, negative post about how disappointed I am with top 40 music right now. I then deleted it because I didn't want to waste your time with negativity, talking about the things I don't like. I'd rather concentrate on what I do... Instrumental music, I like it a lot. The musicianship is impeccable. I have never heard an instrumental song where I thought, "Really? You can do better than that..." There's no doubt that the composers and musicians are highly talented. I like that.

I recently came across two instrumental (or mostly instrumental) artists that I really enjoy:

1. Peter Broderick: I was looking to see if my beloved Balmorhea has put anything new out lately and iTunes suggested this guy as someone I might also like. Well, iTunes, you were right this time. Thanks for the suggestion. (I bought his album entitled "Float.")

2. Ludovico Einadui: I'm not going to lie, I was watching So You Think You Can Dance with my parents when the song "Fly" by this guy came on and I was instantly drawn to it. (I bought his album entitled "Divenire.")

Anyway, when you've heard one too many songs by Enrique Iglesias or Rihanna, I encourage you to check out these guys. They are quality...

No comments: