Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks Free

Well, it's July 5th... I officially survived the fireworks season. I officially am relatively stress free. And I officially will stop complaining about how "busy" I am. (I hate when people say that, like their life is busier than everyone else's... I know my life isn't any busier than yours, so I'm sorry for complaining...)

Today, with the lifting of all the weight I've been carrying from trying to pull off this crazy fireworks stand, I feel like my eyes were reopened to the beauties of this world. I know, that's cheesey... but it's true. Here are the great things that I thoroughly enjoyed tonight:

1. A nice dinner with my parents.
2. Driving with the windows down with Ben Rector's "Into the Morning" as my soundtrack.
3. A beautiful sunset which was made even more beautiful when I saw a bicyclist pull over and take a picture of it on his phone. There's something special about seeing something beautiful and seeing someone else appreciate it's beauty in addition to yourself.
4. A quick stop at Beauty Brands to pick up a new fingernail polish color: OPI's "Mrs.'s O'Leary's BBQ".
5. Shooting off fireworks with my parents. (Thanks to my aunt Cindy who saved some for me from last night!)
6. A free Redbox movie. I was in the
mood for a chick flick (surprise, surprise) so I shamefully picked up Remember Me. We could all use a little more Robert Pattinson in our lives, right? (Wrong. But I'll watch it anyway...)
7. A chance to blog about the wonderful things I've experienced this evening.

What a great night! (Update a few hours after I wrote this: Want a quick way to bring a downer to a good night? Watch Remember Me. Holy cow what a depressing movie...)
(My fireworks buddies... Mom and Dad)

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Is your mom really lighting fireworks? That is so not like her.
Glad you got to do them.

Ladell said...

We love hanging out with you, too!