Monday, July 12, 2010

Serious Contemplation.

Lately I've really been wanting to get a tattoo. The urge has been on and off for the last few years. I know, on and off, that sounds a little shifty. I shouldn't ever get a tattoo if there are some "off" days where I don't think I want to get one. But I really want one... I made this rule for myself a few years ago. That if I thought I wanted a tattoo, I had to decide exactly what I wanted and where I wanted it and wait an entire year and if my thoughts hadn't changed at all... then I could get one.

Well, I've had an idea for a tattoo for over 2 or 3 years now. No waffling. If I were to get a tattoo, I know exactly where and what I would get. What and where you ask?
-Three things I love: 1. The Lord. 2. To sing. 3. Spanish. So, I would get the verse Psalm 146:2: "I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." But I would get it in Spanish in a cool calligraphy type script. ("Alabaré al Señor toda mi vida; mientras haya aliento en mí, cantaré salmos a mi Dios.")
-On the outer side of my right foot.

The above picture is what I would want. I want it really bad. Don't freak out, Mom and Dad, I'm not planning on getting one... at least not now. We'll see though...

3 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Picture yourself my age with a Tatoo....
I like what you would put on it. My opinion you should always put it where you could hide it easily if necessary.

Monica said...

I love it! I started to read your blog a while ago and the tattoo idea is awesome and on your foot very cool. I have my on and off days about tattoo's too but I know I will get one.

Jessie said...

Easily hidden is good to remember, or where it won't stretch and get distorted when you have kids. That would not be such nice calligraphy.