Saturday, July 3, 2010

And I'm back in the game...

One of my favorite movies of all time is 10 Things I Hate About You... It's for sure my favorite high school chick flick out there. One of my favorite lines in the movie is from Cameron, the nerdy kid, after he finally kisses Bianca, the popular chick when he thought she was done with him. He kisses her, she leaves his car, and he says, "And I'm back in the game..." I don't know why, but that's one of my favorite lines in the movie. Maybe it's just because Joseph Gordon-Levitt is awesome.
All that big long story is really meant for is to say that I baked something tonight (therefore I'm "back in the game" of baking... I guess?) Guess what ingredients my baked good included... Yep, chocolate and peanut butter. It's a condition really, my love for chocolate and peanut butter... I got this chocolate peanut butter pie recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I think her cooking blog is my new favorite.

Anyway, yay for baking! Yay for chocolate and peanut butter! Yay for a pie that doesn't include mushy fruit (I don't like fruit pies.) Yay for my family getting together tomorrow night to celebrate the 4th and (if all went well with this recipe) enjoying these pies. Hopefully I'll be saying yay tomorrow night because I'll be able to leave the fireworks stand early and come home to be with my family. We'll save that yay for later...

No comments: