Monday, July 19, 2010

Morning coffee.

This is kind of ridiculous... but one thing that I loved while I was away on vacation was that I stayed in two different households that valued coffee. I woke up and there was a fresh pot ready to be savored, and it was wonderful. It was also wonderful to be able to enjoy it with other people. To sit, and talk, and drink coffee with people... in my pajamas. It was so great!

I don't have that at home. I'm the only coffee drinker, so if I get any, I make it myself (which isn't a big deal, I don't expect to be waited on) and I drink it alone... so I rarely make it. But I've decided something: I'm going to invest in a nice coffee maker (aka I'm going to put it on my birthday list and hope that one of my aunts buys it for me) and I'm going to buy quality coffee (not the cheap stuff that I so often buy.)

So yeah... one of the many wonderful things about vacation: waking up to a freshly brewed pot of coffee. I loved it!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Maybe you should get one of those that uses pods so the coffee doesn't get stale. Although the Roasterie folks would probably look down on that too.

Marta said...

Coffee lover,
I can appreciate your love of coffee and how it works it's magic on making a moment special. My favorite is going to a local bookstore (I live in a small town on the West Coast) and getting myself a nice Latte, plain, no flavor please, and reading a chapter in a seemingly nice book.
nrsbetty08