Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little (shallow) things.

Because of yesterday's deep appreciation of mother nature, I feel like I can get away with being a little more shallow today. Today was a great day, for many reasons... but three shallow reasons why today was great were:

A. I had a delicious butterscotch shake from Winstead's. I drove to the Plaza hoping to:
1. Get my system preferences back (note to all you Mac users: you can indeed delete your system preferences on accident and not be able to find them anywhere... be careful where you drag that puppy), and
2. To buy a new iPod.
I walked into the Apple Store thinking, "I'm coming 45 minutes before it closes... on a Sunday, it can't be that busy." I was wrong. It was insanity. I walked through the doors, looked around, and walked right back out. The butterscotch shake was my way of dealing with the disappointment.
(I wish I took this picture, but I did not, so I can't take credit for it.)

B. I did end up getting an iPod. Don't judge me... but I bought it from Wal-Mart. It was $5 cheaper. And every bit counts.... Below is my brand new, beautiful iPod Touch. I kind of love it.
C. After weeks apart, I got to see my friend Jessie who's finally returned home from France. It was great seeing her... And she brought me back a beautiful scarf that I love dearly. She said she chose it because it had mustard in it. I love Jessie and how she knows me so well. She also brought me back a Spanish newspaper. I'll be reading that when my brain is ready to be stimulated again. It's been about 8 months...

Hurray for shallow things that make you smile. I will try to be a little bit more deep next time.

1 comment:

Katie said...

well hello sexy curls.