Thursday, July 22, 2010

Facts.

Fact: My friend Janelle got engaged a couple of weeks ago.
Fact: She has asked me to bake her wedding cake.
Fact: We are having a cake sampling tomorrow.
Fact: I learned from my aunts, who are wedding cake bakers, that it is perfectly fine to bake cakes from box mixes.
Fact: I made Classic White, French Vanilla, and Yellow cake for Janelle and Ben to try (and they are all of the Duncan Hines variety, but don't tell them...)
Fact: I need to learn how to use my Canon so all of my pictures stop having this ugly yellow tint.
Fact: My prediction is that they will choose Classic White cake, but I'll let you know.
Fact: The wedding isn't until January, and I'm already nervous.
Fact: When I bake cakes, I have a stomach ache by the end from eating so much frosting.

The end!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love cake and there is nothing wrong with cake from a mix. It has all the same ingredients as a cake from scratch. They look wonderful.

Aunt Cindy said...

When I did cakes I didn't ever gain weight...I don't like to eat them!
I think these cakes look super. Did you put in the secret ingredients?
and freeze them?

abby! said...

I did put in the secret ingredients and freeze them... just like Charlotte taught me.

bethany jones said...

Go to your white balance options in the menu, change it to manual. Aim the camera at the white object. They should turn out white and the color around it will match. You could also just change it in Photoshop by adding more blue to the photo.