Friday, July 2, 2010

Mixed Emotions.

I realized something today that hadn't even crossed my mind.... I haven't baked a thing in over 3 weeks. I left for vacation and then when I came back fireworks smacked me right in the face so I've been busy. Probably not too busy to find time, but for some reason I haven't made time to bake. (It could also be that I re-started my diet and baking isn't quite as fun when you don't pig out on your finished product.) I have been keeping busy with working on on my office though. I didn't think it could keep me this busy but because I bought so much crap from some thrift stores and they all need work, which takes time. It's been fun though! I can't wait for it to be finished.

So yes, it's sad that I haven't baked in a while. Maybe I'll make something tonight so that my family can enjoy it while I'm out emptying people's wallets on things that blow up and make noise. But I am excited that I'm having a different kind of outlet for my creative juices... hopefully the end result will be a good one.

Here's a sneak peak at my office. I may be the most excited about this little guy. I found him at a thrift store... I'm not really sure what his original purpose was but I painted him purple and planted a plant in him. And tada, you've got yourself a purple elephant planter. :) I love him!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

i love this elephant planter so so much. great job :)