Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Soup.

I think one of the many reasons I love autumn (thought I'd switch it up from "fall" for all of you "autumn" lovers out of there...) is that it is soup weather again. I love soup.

When I was in college and in charge of cooking for myself I would make a big batch of soup and eat it for almost every meal for the whole week. I don't know if that means I'm cheap, lazy, or really love soup... Probably all of the above.

Yesterday I went to Le Monde, a bakery in North Kansas City that has my favorite soup of all time: chicken curry soup. It's sweet, it's spicy, it's hearty, it's everything you could ever want in a soup. It's heaven, really... The only problem is that the bakery is a 40 minute roundtrip from home... but it's worth it.

Tonight I'm making white chicken chili (which I'm not sure why chili gets it's own category... it's really just soup.) I was babysitting for a family the other day and I was in their kitchen making dinner for their kids. In the corner of my eye I saw a recipe laying out for white chicken chili. So what did I do? I stole the recipe. Ok, no, I didn't steal it, but I copied it down and am making it tonight. I hope it turns out well!

I'll make batches and eat it all week, I'll drive distances to get it, I'll steal recipes to make it... I just love soup.

3 comments:

Robbie Louth said...

omgsh...agreed. soup is amazing. so much better when its made from scratch too. i just made chicken noodle the first day it was could this week. i woke up walked around and was like its COLD! i was so excited i've been praying for fall to get her quickly cuz i miss soup. and i agree, chili is weird and doesn't need its own classification.

Jessie said...

Great ending line...just one more reason your blog is great.

Valeria said...

can i have the recipe? you mentioning it made me remember chili nights at sara haslag's...mmm :) happy times.