Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stamps.

I love being creative. Whether that's baking, making cards, painting a picture, taking photography... I just love creating beautiful things. I've said before if I could just be creative for a living, then I'd be happy. The other day I mentioned that to Jessie: "I want a job where I can just be creative," and her response was, "Well, there aren't any." (I love her...) Because there aren't any jobs where I can just "be creative" for a living, I will stick to it as a hobby.
Anyway, I asked for a set of alphabet stamps for my birthday. Actually, I think I asked for money because I was pretty picky about font and size (I'm ridiculous, I know...) So, for my birthday my aunt Georgie and "Unca Dave" gave me a scarf (it's beautiful, I could dedicate an entire post to this singular scarf) and some cash to buy some stamps. I bought some from Michael's last week, and now I'm a stamping fool!

I've been making a lot of cards and while I was on my retreat I made a calendar! I did all the letters and numbers with stamps and then drew really simple images that represent the month. I'm excited for how it turned out! So, if you need anything stamped... with letters or numbers (I also have now purchased a big letter "A" (that's not egotistical at all), a bird stamp, a dandelion stamp, and a leaf stamp), I'm your girl!
P.S. Thanks to Georgie and Dave for helping me get this new hobby started!

4 comments:

Valeria said...

loving the stamps! i'm curious, what's that list of 10 items you have in the picture?
the calendar looks really cute. tell me you drew a leaf and a pumpkin for october?:) or just a portrait of me will do. ha. kidding.
1 last thing: i picked up some scrapbooking paper at hobby lobby today to resupply my card-making and it made me think of you.

abby! said...

I sent the list of 10 items to my friend Jessie, it was 10 things I love about her. :)

And I actually used a ghost and a piece of candy for October. I can't believe I didn't think of doing a pumpkin... that would have been so much better! I may have to redo it...

Aunt Georgie said...

Hey Abby! I love your stamp projects, especially the one we received in the mail. I have some stamps that I'd like to give you. I'll dig them out and have them ready for the next time we see each other. Don't let me forget... You are creatively special to us!!

Jessie said...

I don't even remember saying "Well, there aren't any" (creative jobs). Man, I'm a downer. Why do you hang out with me? I'll have to go look my list over again for a reminder.