Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Favorite Pictures

My apartment around Christmas time, Columbia, MO
So, I have a little downtime before returning to the stand and all I really wanted to do was nap (did that) and blog... but my brain is fried by the heat and all I can think of are things like Twitter Glitters and Smoke Grenades and Happy Lanterns and Pyro Petes, etc... So, I thought I'd let some pictures do the talking... for the most part, at least.

A few weeks ago I thought about entering a amateur photography contest online because if you won, you got a free camera. Then I started looking at the past winners of this contest and realized that I was WAY more amateur than everyone else (which really is no surprise) and it cost money to enter the contest, so that didn't happen.

It did give me a chance to look through my pictures. I chose a few of my favorites and decided to go ahead and post them on here (some of them you may have already seen). This is not to say, "Hey, check out my photography" because, yeah, I'm not that good. It's just to bring your attention to pretty things that are in this world. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them.
My aunts' garden on Easter, Olathe, KS
Firehydrant under the Broadway Bridge, Kansas City, MO
Bench at Steven's Lake Park, Columbia, MO
Reading in a park, Savannah, GA

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I thought for sure you were going to post my picture. Ha. Just kidding. So good to see you today!

Dana said...

You should enter your pictures in the county fair!!! Seriously! When Cindy was here she was trying to take "artsy" pictures to try to compete with you. :-)