Monday, June 29, 2009

Oh, the places I will go...

It's way too late but although I'm tired, I've got too much caffeine in my system to sleep... So here I am.

The blog I have mentioned oh so many times, Design*Sponge, has this section of city guides, where it tells you all of the different cool, artsy places you can find in select cities. Luckily they have one for my beloved Kansas City! I saw it a couple months ago while still at school but tonight I was randomly drawn back to it and it got me excited to do some exploring once my schedule frees up. These are the places I hope to hit up (in a completely none burglar kind of way):

-Nelson-Atkins: Ok, so I've been here many, many times, but it's always good to get some art appreciation time in. Plus, after reading Valeria's blog, it's got me itching to see some art.
-A & O Architectural Salvage: This sounds like a fancy name for a thrift store full of old building parts, but I think some very cool things could come out of this place if you go in with an open mind.
-The Studio: I have also been here a few times. It's simply a fun yarn store and I like to knit, therefore, I like yarn. Fun fact: This place is right across the street from...
-Cupcake a la Mode: This is a cupcake bakery! Pretty much my dream job (at least one of my dream jobs...) They have very tasty cupcakes of all varieties!
-Stuff: I've never been here, but according to Design*Sponge, it's cool. So I'd like to give it a try. Plus it's in Brookside, which would be fun to venture.
-Urban Arts and Crafts- Love this place. If only I had more money so I could buy and create more...

So that's my list. At least the beginning of my list. I'm always looking for a friend to experience cool places with... :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm going with you. I think all these are on my list of places to go except the museum, and the cupcake place but that's only b/c I've never heard of it.